Communications, Events & Administration Assistant
Ocean Energy Europe is the trade association for ocean renewables in Europe. Our goal is to unite the key industry players behind a common strategy to commercialise the ocean energy sector and generate clean, secure renewable energy from Europe’s seas.
As the Communications, Events & Admin Assistant, you will be part of a dynamic, international team at Ocean Energy Europe, located in the Renewable Energy House, Brussels. This position offers a recent graduate an opportunity to develop their communications, event management and administration skills in an exciting emerging sector.
At the end of this period, you will have had first-hand experience coordinating high level industry events (including a large international conference), preparing a variety of communications materials and managing websites/social media platforms for a busy industry association in the Brussels sphere.
Workload will be divided as follows: 40% communication, 40% events and 20% administration.
- Maintain, update Ocean Energy Europe websites, including support for the design and creation of new websites
- Maintain OEE social media platforms
- Assist in drafting and proofing content for reports, press releases and news articles (writing skills dependent)
- Light graphic design work
- Media monitoring
- Support in media activities (sending press releases, arranging meetings with journalists, implementing communications campaigns)
- Managing registrations for both the OEE Conference & Exhibition and smaller events
- Preparation of event newsletters and marketing materials
- Selection and coordination of event suppliers
- Management of media partnerships
- Coordination of selected workshops, site visits, webinars etc.
- Preparation of onsite materials and management of shipments
- Responding to general/event queries
- Provide administrative support to the CEO & team
- Manage office supplies
- Book travel, accommodation and meeting rooms for the Ocean Energy Europe team
- Rationalise and maintain Ocean Energy Europe’s databases
- Support in administrative duties for EU-funded projects
- Managing contact databases
- Undergraduate degree in communications, events management, or similar. Candidates with an educational background focused in renewable energy will be considered.
- At least 1 year previous administration experience
- Fluent in spoken/written English and French (essential). Other languages an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to condense complex information into short, simple copy.
- Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is essential
- Previous event management experience is an advantage
- Previous experience in web/graphic design and/or social media management is an advantage
- An interest in renewable energy / environmental issues is desirable
The successful applicant will receive remuneration in accordance with Belgian law under the ‘convention d’immersion professionelle’ (equivalent to €1000 per month).
The contract will run from 1st January 2017 to 31 December 2017.
How to apply: